Knitting Questions and Answers
Are you having problems with your knitting?
If you add your knitting questions using the form below, you can have have them answered by an experienced knitter. I have been knitting for over forty years, so it is just not possible for you to have a problem that I haven't already experienced!
Typical questions about knitting:
- Can't understand the pattern
- Dropped a stitch - how to fix it
- My tension is all wrong
- I have to unpick and re-knit but the wool is all lumpy now
- How do I finish off the loose ends in my garment
Bear in mind that this list is by no means comprehensive, and is only provided as a guide.
Whether your questions are about reading a pattern or how to actually do something, you can submit your question here and it will be answered for you as soon as possible.
Don't forget to add a photo to your submission if you can, it will help me to see what the problem is!
- Please write using proper english. Questions submitted in sms speak will be deleted as I just don't have the time to rewrite the submissions.
- If you want me to interpret the instructions in your pattern tell me which pattern you are using.
- Please provide as much information as you can about your question, I am not a mind reader as much as I would like to be!
- Photos can help me to understand the issues you are having so add as many as you can.
- Check out the answers already provided, as you might find the solution you are after there.
Have A Question About Knitting?
Do you have a question about knitting? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Size of Sweater
I made a sweater according to pattern and type of wool recommended and it is way to big. The sweater is a Mary Maxim called Navajo Jacket. I used Titan …
Rib Stitch Cap Direction Dilemma
Hello, I'm a beginner....and I'm making a Rib Stitch Cap. I figured out the gauge issue just fine, and then as I was beginning the project, right off …
Understanding pattern Not rated yet
Hi, I am knitting Cleakheaton pattern cb3333 3002. I have followed the pattern to the 12th row rib to last 13 sts, turn. It then says - cont in this …
Rejoining Wool Not rated yet
I'm knitting a pullover in the round. To make armholes, I put stitches for FRONT on a holder and I have knit the BACK flat decreasing as required. …
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.